🌱 Programming of Mineola concerts in the park + Philippine rate at East Meadow
Hello, people of Merrick! It’s me again, Ash DeMello, your Merrick Daily host.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A shower in the afternoon. High: 60 Low: 49.
Here are Merrick’s top five stories today:
- Nassau County AD say that two people have been charged with the murder of a Baldwin man, said DA. The death occurred in October 2021 during an apparent drug smuggling. Darin Semple20, from Freeport, and Devin Obleanis, 21, of Central Islip, are facing charges. (Patch)
- Get ready for outdoor music! the Mineola Village announced his Calendar 2022 Concerts in the Park. Enjoy swing music, Allman Brothers covers, 70s AM radio hits and more on Mineola Memorial Park Amphitheater all summer. (American Mineola)
- Find adobo chicken, lumpia and other appetizing Filipino Classics to one of East Meadow latest entries in its line of restaurants. Kusinera opened this winter in East Meadow, offering traditional dishes as well as dishes cleverly adapted to be vegetarian. Chef/Owner Joy Ann Salanga said she started cooking in her apartment, but the demand for her food motivated her to open a restaurant. (press day; subscription required)
- Meet locals animals to adopt at the Merrick Patch. Minnie, Pheonix and others are waiting for their forever homes.
- Local businesses are hiring. See what jobs are available in the Merrick area at the Merrick Patch.
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. Doing spring cleaning chores? Why not also refresh your home security. Secure windows, doors and more with up to $80 off select Pro Alarm Kits. Don’t wait, deals end 5/1 at 9:00 PM PST.
Today in Merrick:
- No Good Burger Truck @ Barrier Brewing Company – Tuesday is meant to be tasty with beers and burgers at a local brewery in Oceanside. (4 p.m. – 9 p.m.)
- Tuesday Evening Cruise @ Miller’s Ale House Levittown – Take the family to see vintage cars. Children eat free from 5 p.m.
- 90s Fandom Festival for Tweens – Freeport Memorial Library welcomes 5th and 6th grade children to take a trip back in time. Call 516-379-3274 or drop by the library to register. (5:30 p.m.)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Onward & Upward, an award-winning solo art exhibition by Karen L. Kirshner opens (April 27)
- 14th Annual Garage Sale and Flea Market (April 30)
- For The Love Of Dine-LI: Fundraising for the Small Business Marketplace (April 30)
- Jewish Sports Heritage Association Induction Ceremony (May 1)
- Hire a pro to tackle mom’s to-do list (May 8)
- Add your event
Do you like the Merrick Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
- Send me a topical tip or suggestion at [email protected]
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Tuesday on the right foot. I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow with a new update!
— Ash DeMello